Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Stash

In this box, you will find:

  • Organic Saltine crackers (YUCK!)
  • Oatmeal
  • Almonds
  • Granola
  • Honey
  • 2 Nectarines (yes, 2, after I ate 1 earlier!)
  • An apple
  • Normal Saltine crackers (YUM!)

And in the fridge you'll find:

  • A land-o-lakes chedarella square
  • A container of low-fat greek yogurt
  • Blueberries
  • Grapes
  • And, earlier, a Smart Ones pepperoni pizza

Now, wouldn't you think that with all of that food to choose from, I might have found something resembling lunch?

Yeah, here's the problem.

I found myself once again experiencing mid-morning sickness. Only today it was worse than Tuesday. I couldn't really bear the thought of eating anything, but I knew I should. I snacked on some saltine crackers. I tried to get myself to eat the peach Aaron bought me, but it was weird so I couldn't. I ate a nectarine. I finally talked myself into putting that pizza in the microwave.

But then when I took the pizza out of the microwave it didn't look or smell appetizing. And the edges were all hard. I took a couple bites in an effort to convince myself I could eat it, and it tasted freezer burned.

Poor pizza, you were destined for the trash.

So, in a last-ditch effort to get some semblance of lunch in for me and the little bean, I called in an order at Corner Bakery for a chop salad (with no blue cheese, of course). And a sparkling water, per a tip from a friend.

Can I just say praise God for this salad? I have been able to eat almost the whole thing and I feel a little better.

Maybe for 2nd lunch I can have my greek yogurt. We'll see how appetizing it sounds around 3pm. You know, because that's when it's about time to eat 2nd lunch... ;)

I guess this means I am going to experience nausea. And it's not anywhere near pleasant. And it makes me worry that I'm not going to eat enough to be healthy. But hey, I guess it's yet another sign that things seem to be going well.

Uh-oh... here come the sleepies! LOL - are all women rendered this useless when they're preggo?

1 comment:

  1. 1. ooohh ::drull:: greek yogurt...
    2. nausea and how it f*'s up your eating habits probably wont do anything to your baby until you completely stop eating. by what you listed, your eatin like a nauseated champ in my mind! way for force that stuff down and try at a lot options!
    3. yes. all women go through much of the same thing and feel completely useless. you're incubating a human, it brings multi-tasking to a whole new level :)

    ReplyDelete