Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meandering & Nectarines

So yesterday I stopped at Henry's on the way home from work. My intention was to pick up a meat and vegetable to have for dinner.

But then I remembered somebody suggesting ground Flax seed for adding fiber to meals, so I got that. Then I decided I wanted some soy milk, and I got really bummed that they didn't seem to have lowfat chocolate soy milk (I'm not really craving chocolate, just like it better than the vanilla when it comes to drinking the stuff straight). Then I saw it...

All that glorious, glorious produce.

Grapefruit. Nectarines. Blueberries. Romaine lettuce. Mmmm... Nectarines are where it's at for me right now. I didn't have one yet today and it's starting to bug me. I've got an apple and a not-quite-ripe peach here on my desk, but I want a nectarine!!!

So I was quite the ping-pong ball meandering back and forth from one side of Henry's to the other. Getting funny looks from the guy who maybe thought I was stalking him as he stocked the shelves.

Later on, I went to Target & Ralphs. After eating a steak and baked potato dinner at 6:30, I found myself starving once again at 8 when I got to Target. I tried to make it through my shopping, but finally caved and bought some trail mix and water before I headed over to Ralphs.

Today I ate breakfast at 7, 2nd breakfast at 10:30, and was starving for lunch when I met Alicia at 1pm. Now I'm super sleepy and all I want is a nectarine induced nap.

A girl can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment