Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Morning" Sickness

It's really quite the misnomer. I get sick mid-morning, afternoon, and night. Not right when I get out of bed in the morning. In fact, sometimes when I first get out of bed I feel like I might not be sick at all that day, and then it strikes. Sometimes AFTER I eat breakfast.

I'm really not complaining, though! Just so happy to be preggo!

The odd thing is this is a lot like my weird stomach thing that I had after the big food poisoning (?) flu (?) I got in April of last year. For pretty much a month, nothing I ate was kind to my stomach. I tried doctor's orders of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast (BRAT diet), didn't help. Just about everything I ate made my stomach agitated. I remember it was May 5th when things finally just cleared up. I woke up that day and just felt like I could eat whatever I wanted. And when I did, I was okay. So Aaron and I enjoyed a celebratory Cinco de Mayo Mexican food dinner.

At least this time I know I can look for that magical day sometime in the week of October 25th. Maybe sooner if I'm lucky.

For now, I'll keep taking my meals one slow bite at a time as I convince myself it's okay and I'm not going to lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment