Saturday, January 9, 2010

First time for everything

Well, I'm coming at you live and restless from my very first hospital bed. Oh joy.

Apparently I contracted some flu strain I was not vaccinated against. Since when I came here last night upon advice of the nurse helpline and my ob's on call doc, I failed my "tolerance test" (drinking a little bit of 7up without hurling it right back up), they decided I needed to stay overnight and be on an IV to prevent (or reduce) dehydration.

I'm okay, Isaac is fine and kicking me like crazy. No contractions or signs of early labor, but apparently if I did get dehydrated enough I could have started having contractions. So I'm glad we came in.

Anyway, my phone batt is near death, so I have to wrap this up. Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers! I'll let ya know when I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Kim! Take care of yourself and baby! You DO NOT WANT TO BE PUT ON BED REST... i was onit for 4 months with Kaylee and it was so boring. So do what Doc says! we'll be praying for you. -Mindi H.

    ReplyDelete