Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Preggle & Wiggleworm

I went out last night and bought myself one of these:


It's called a "preggle." No lie. Whatever you call it, it was expensive for what it is (an oddly shaped pillow with a velcro strap so you can configure it in various ways to fit the shape you need it to be for optimal sleeping comfort). I slept horribly on Monday night, and I slept alright last night. So it seems to have helped, and maybe once I figure out the best shape for me and practice maneuvering it, that will improve my sleep. :)

The main reason I stopped to write this was that our little wiggleworm is at it again! I just love feeling him move. For one thing, it lets me know he's a-ok. And it's just, well, nice. I feel more aware of him when he's wiggling and kicking and repositioning in there, and it makes me stop and say "hello." I just cherish these little moments because someday he'll be out there in the big bad world and I won't know where he is or what he's doing, but for now, I know he's safe. And this was one of those things I always looked forward to about pregnancy, and feared I wouldn't get to experience.

It's really hard to describe what it feels like, some people say it's similar to gas - but I say no way! It's way more pleasant and distinct than that (at least to me). Just more like a gentle little muscle spasm or teeny kick from the inside. It's just amazing, okay? If you haven't been there yet, you'll know what I mean when you're ready. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment