Thursday, June 10, 2010

Small victories

Still gaining weight too slowly, about an 2 oz every 3 days as opposed to an ounce a day! Boo! So I am back to pumping a LOT, trying to get extra feedings in where possible, and using the SNS 3x per day.

The victories are...
1. I AM still almost exclusively breastfeeding, when I was on the verge of giving up a couple weeks ago.

2. He has historically taken an hour plus to eat, but tonight I had fed him, pumped, and was halfway done with my own dinner after an hour and ten minutes!!! And I ate at the table instead of on the couch while nursing! Shocking! ;)

3. He was screaming his head off after his 4pm feeding, but I was able to wear him in my Wrapsody wrap and calm him down (as well as do some meandering on the internet!).

4. He totally swiped at a mobile on his bouncer while I was pumping, and smiled after he affected a little change in his universe. :) it was awesome! Plus he was totally calm in there for about 30 mins while I pumped and Aaron and I ate TOGETHER.

So... yeah. There's a lot to be thankful for. And someday I'll add a few consecutive hours of sleep to a list like this one.

G'night, folks!

4 comments:

  1. Question: What is SNS???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for keeping up with the breastfeeding!! It's got to be a bit discouraging sometimes, but it sounds like you're doing pretty well. Go Kimbo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing an awesome job and should be proud of yourself! This is really the most difficult time of BFing and it WILL get easier. Just take it one day at a time. - Hugs to all, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. The first time we actually were able to eat together we finished in 5 minutes. We were so used to scarfing everything down. Igor was serious that baby changes things in ways you can't imagine - sleeping, showering, eating....

    ReplyDelete