Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Post-partum stinks... literally!

So it has been nearly 5 weeks since I gave birth to my new favorite person.

And I stink! I was sitting there on the couch, feeding him (how I spend most of my time these days), not 30 minutes out of the shower and I noticed I was stinky. I guess it's a combination of hormones and breastmilk and who knows what, but I cannot wait for this part to go away!

Anyway... there's your TMI for the day. ;)

It does sort of stink in non-literal ways too. I have this beautiful little baby and I just want to look at him and hold him and help him develop but I feel like I have spent most of my time either feeding him or trying to figure out how to feed him which has been a struggle. Then there are times like today when I was going to be productive and vacuum and do some dishes while he was sleeping but he woke up crying (needing to be fed).

Here's a note about breastfeeding... it's not as easy as one might think. I can see why a lot of women throw in the towel due to issues like not having enough milk, or the baby not gaining weight, or nipple issues. But I have gotten so much support from Healthy Beginnings walk-in breastfeeding clinic that I have been able to overcome all three of those! I really wish more women knew about or had access to places like it. By the way, it's free, and you don't have to show any ID or insurance info when you go - so if you have breastfeeding problems and want to make it work, GO THERE. Or find something similar near you.

Pardon the rambly-ness of this post, I'm a little tired and trying to just get some new info out there before my little guy wakes up again. :)

And here is the most recent picture of Isaac, taken last night:

4 comments:

  1. Stinky, huh? Very interesting. I had not heard of that one before. Will have to be prepared. :)

    Good tip on the breastfeeding clinic. If I were still in CA I would have to make a trip there. I'm pretty lucky though, cause one of my good friends is a nurse and a breastfeeding miracle-worker, apparently. So I will keep her on my speed dial. :)

    LOVE the picture! So cute!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I can't believe it's already been 5 WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the update, it's good to hear from you! Thought you got lost in your den!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you didn't give up! I know it can be challenging and at times hopeless- I hope to have as much strength as you do when the time comes for me! I hope I can pick your brain when you're ready so I can be armed with as many tips as possible!!

    ReplyDelete