Monday, February 15, 2010

Preparations

Preparations are in full swing for the newest Caloca.

A couple weeks ago, my dad and Aaron installed a ceiling fan and switch and new outlet in his room.

Today, they installed a dimmer switch for the light and a separate switch for the fan. They also eliminated my useless hall light switch that was in the middle of the hallway and wired it to the switch outside our bedroom door. They fixed our 2-way porch light switch so that both actually worked properly. They took the cable that had been run through our bedroom and Isaac's room along the baseboards and dropped it in through the attic! So no more ugly cable lining the baseboards and snaking inexplicably through rooms.

Meanwhile, while I was at work this morning, my mom cleaned our guest bedroom (no small feat!). When I got home, we finished that. She helped me go through a bunch of baby clothes that we've already received, and she took my corner shelf home to stain it so we can use it in the nursery.

AND we moved the now empty dresser from our bedroom into the guest bedroom.

It's now 8pm. I already went to the grocery store and I have a load of laundry in the washer. It feels so good to have gotten so many necessary (to my sanity) tasks done today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment