Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Things I've found to be incredibly helpful...



Hilarious if not a bit... crude at points. ;) Thanks for the recommendation, Mallory!



So very very funny, never much cared for McCarthy but I've got to give it to her - she hit the pregnancy nail on the head with this one. Thanks for the rec, Julie!



Everybody, including my mother, recommended this one. And man, was it helpful! So many valuable (and blunt) pieces of information! :)



Once I actually had the little guy in my arms, we had quite the uphill battle with breastfeeding. This book had some valuable info. I took some of it with a grain of salt... it basically said nipple shields were the devil but if it weren't for those bad boys I would have given up breastfeeding altogether, I guarantee it. Now we do just fine without 'em. And my little 18 pounder is doing a-okay on his weight now even after a slow start.



This one was recommended by the oh-so-lovely Pamela Capps (prepared childbirth instructor and generally amazing supporter of moms). So far has been interesting, but I haven't gotten through all of it since I am most fascinated by reading about what my child is doing right here and now - and he's only 6 months old. So we've got a ways to go with this book.



I had no idea that my little guy would want to start interacting with toys, etc at such a young age. I believe we went out and bought this at around 3ish weeks when we started to notice he actually seemed bored when he was fussing, not just hungry or tired. This provided hours of entertainment and he still enjoys it from time to time. This will seem shameless, but I wish we had bought it on Amazon ahead of time to save $20 instead of shelling out for the jacked up Babies R Us price.

No comments:

Post a Comment